SECURITY & PRIVACY
Your confidence in our website, your privacy and internet security is really important to us, so we've put together some advice to help keep you safe and in control when you shop online.
Your passwordWe do appreciate that remembering passwords can be tricky, but setting effective and secure passwords on all the sites you use is vital in combating possible fraudulent activity using your personal details.
- Avoid using the same password for each of your online accounts so that they can’t all be fraudulently accessed at once. Multiple passwords keep you safer
- Use a mix of numbers and characters, and something that's very personal to you
- Most sites set a minimum number of characters to use, but avoid using obvious phrases like “password”, or your name, or phone number
- Try to mix upper and lower case letters and numbers in your password
- You might like to use something like a well-known phrase like “Too many cooks spoil the broth” and turn it into 2MCstb, for example
Cookies on your computer
We also use banner advertising on other websites to present you with products we think may be of interest to you, based on your browsing history.
Find out more about cookies, why and how we use them, and how to manage them.
Your payment securitystyleandsuit.com maintains the highest levels of security. We take the privacy and security of your payment and personal details very seriously.
- Our site uses high-level SSL encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions.
- You can tell whether a page is secure as 'https' will replace the 'http' at the front of the www.styleandsuit.com in your browser address window. A small locked padlock will also appear in the bottom bar of your browser window.
- Using an unsecured network in a public place can be risky as unauthorised people may try to intercept anything you're doing online
- Only connect to secure wireless networks that you trust
- Our checkout process uses Verified by Visa, Mastercard® SecureCode™, American Express SafeKey SM, PayPal and Amazon Pay. These services enhance your existing card account against unauthorised use when you shop with us.
- To use these services, you must first register with the bank or other organisation that issued your card. Click on the images below to find out more:
Once you've registered and created your own private password with your card issuer, you'll be prompted automatically at checkout to provide this password when you make a purchase that requires authorisation.
Your Verified by Visa, Mastercard® SecureCode™, American Express SafeKey SM or PayPal password is different from your styleandsuit.com account password. We don't have access to card issuer passwords.
Using WiFi in public places
Using an unsecured network in a public place can be risky as unauthorised people may try to intercept anything you're doing online. We recommend you only connect to secure wireless networks that you trust, and to always be aware of the risks associated with using public WiFi.
Phishing is the practice of tricking someone into giving confidential information. Examples include falsely claiming to be a legitimate company when sending an e-mail to a user, in an attempt to get the user to send private information that will be used for identity theft and fraud.
We'll never ask you to send any personal details via email. If we require such details, for security reasons we'll ask you to contact us by phone. Should you receive an email claiming to be from styleandsuit.com requesting this kind of information, please don't respond, but do let us know about it.